About the Section:
Mission & Purpose
The purpose of this Section shall be to advocate for the interests of applied clinical psychology through:
• Advancing the science and profession of clinical psychology to solve practical problems of human behavior and experience.
• Providing support for the section’s Health Care Reimbursement Committee (HCRC), whose goal is to help the IPA membership keep abreast of health care reimbursement-related issues by responding to member questions and concerns and providing educational opportunities to IPA members.
• Educating insurance companies and third-party payer organizations about psychological services via the HCRC.
• Supporting the education and training of clinical psychologists and psychology trainees.
• Furthering collegial relationships within the field of applied clinical psychology and with allied health professions.
• Submission of three annual, measurable section objectives yielding a tangible return for membership dues invested in the section, while simultaneously recognizing members’ generational differences and needs.
• Understanding that the clinical section’s visibility becomes a vehicle to promote IPA’s relevance to psychology practice, yielding maximum annual retention of existing members and expansion of the section.
• Inviting each new IPA member to join the clinical practice section via personal outreach phone call from the chair.
• Using social media tools (e.g. Constant Contact) tools in order to ensure that psychologists are able to engage, connect and communicate with clinical practitioners. It is essential that psychologists be able to identify tangible benefits from belonging to the section.
All activities of the Clinical Practice Section shall conform to the bylaws and policies and procedures of the IPA.
Contact the Chair:
Any IPA member may elect to join the Clinical Practice Section.
You can apply to join this section by contacting the current Clinical Practice Section Chair, Dr. Sue Bae email@example.com.